Went to the Plastic Surgeon today for a pre-op orientation for surgery which will take place two days from now, Thursday, October 3, 2013 to remove a defective tissue expander from my left side and replace it with a new one. I am trying to be happy about this, trying to count my blessings in all things and quit being a complainer, but, part of me (the natural born crab) wants to bitch and moan and groan and complain, “Why me?”
Things for which I am grateful:
- I am loved, of course this has to be first on my list!
- I am so grateful for my children
- My children are healthy, productive citizens
- My children love me
- The cancer was Stage 1 and non-aggressive
- I survived the bilateral mastectomy
- There was no infection nor complications after surgery, which happen quite often, I got lucky!
- My husband has been extremely attentive for me during the worst of my post-0p days
There is so much more for which I am thankful, but, right now, I am so tired and there is so much to do to prepare for surgery… house-cleaning and laundry and dusting, but, it’s time to rest now.